Sunday, February 13, 2011

You are my happy thought, you make me FLY!

I have decided that instead of just writing about my advocacies and things I am deeply passionate about, I might as well write about my personal trips here in the Philippines. I reckon it will be a way to make my blog more 'relatable'.

Now, I am writing about my trip yesterday at the Hot Air Balloon Festival. It was my first time to see the event and I certainly believe it would not be the last.



Anna and I have been planning to go out on a date for a long time but my work schedule just would not allow it. When I texted her last week about her plans on the weekend, she told me that she is going to the Hot Air Balloon Festival at Clark, Pampanga with her brother. She asked me if I can go with her and I said YES! Of course, I wanted to see her so bad and I thought seeing hot air balloons will be fun.

We had to be there really early because we got sponsored for a free flight in one of the balloons. LUCKY US!!! I did not know that I was flying until a few hours before the event. Many thanks to Anna Oposa and her brother who gave me the slot.



Our balloon was that of a German beer and was navigated by a German couple--Frank and Martina. They were really interesting and even told us how they almost ended up divorced. Frank used to be an airline pilot.

Our balloon getting ready to be inflated.

Gulat ka masyado koya!!
Flying on a hot air balloon was scary! All four of us were cramped inside a small wicker basket. I was standing in between two propane tanks and the burner was only a few inches away from my head. Throughout the whole flight, I was praying!!! SERIOUSLY!!

But the sight from above was just too beautiful to ignore so I just shrugged my fears away!

I would've wanted to ride the snowman or the Darth Vader head
Truly breathtaking. Prior to our launch, one of the balloons got slightly burnt.
Anong sabi ng lobo sa kanan sa lobo sa kaliwa? YOU TURN MY WORLD UPSIDE DOWN! CHAKAAAA!!!
It was a cloudy morning but look at this! Im FLYING ON SUNSHINE, WOAAHHH!!
This is my favorite photo! The balloons landing on the field filled with lahar!
Landing was thrilling and super painful! Frank our pilot who was like 300 pounds landed on me! Gosh. I almost died! After a few minutes, our chase crew came and we had breakfast! Yummy! According to Frank and Martina, flying on a hot air balloon was common in Germany and a party after a flyout always happens. 

 
Our chase crew trying to deflate the balloon.
Over all, it was a great day. Great company, great experience flying on a hot air balloon, great view from above.Thank you AO for this fabulous date!

I am looking forward to the Panagbenga Festival on February 25 to 27 and our Mt. Pinatubo trek on March 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment